- Sept. 13, 2012: OVERSIGHT HEARING on Addressing the Costly Administrative Burdens and Negative Impacts of the Carcieri and Patchak Decisions
- The focus of the hearing centered on the Costly Administrative Burdens and Negative Impacts of the Carcieri and Patchak Decisions by the U. S. Supreme Count. TESTIMONY OF DONALD “DEL” LAVERDURE ACTING ASSISTANT SECRETARY – INDIAN AFFAIRS UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR presents the Administrations perspective of the Supreme Court rulings. Keep in mind, the role of the Court is to uphold the law as it exsists.
- August 2, 2012:OVERSIGHT HEARING ON: Chumash
- "Indian lands: exploring resolutions to disputes concerning Indian tribes, state and local governments, and private landowners over land use and development"
- May 21, 2012: SB 162- Proposes to abdicate California’s responsibilities
- Proposes to abdicate California’s responsibilities to all California citizens to benefit tribal entities. The bill would prohibit a state agency from opposing specified fee-to-trust land acquisition applications. (c) A state agency shall not oppose a fee-to-trust land acquisition application that is for the purpose of housing, environmental protection, or cultural preservation.
- ASSEMBLY BILL No. 517: Graton Compact Ratification
- AMENDED IN SENATE APRIL 26, 2012 california legislature—2011–12 regular session ASSEMBLY BILL No. 517 1 Introduced by Assembly Member Hall February 15, 2011
- Feb. 23, 2012: AB 2092 by Chesbro
- This bill would, instead, require that state agencies cooperate with federally recognized California Indian tribes on matters of economic development and improvement for the Indian tribes. This bill would remove the provision that prohibited state agencies from cooperating with Indian tribes under these provisions on activities that promote gambling. This bill would require the Office of Planning and Research, in consultation with the Governor’s Tribal Advisor, to adopt a policy of communication and consultation with all federally recognized California Indian tribes that must meet certain requirements. This billrequires all state agencies to comply with the policy.
- Feb. 24, 2012: Sports Wagering
- Senator Wright
- Feb. 24, 2012: SB 1463-Internet Gambling
- Introduced by Senators Wright and Steinberg This bill provides the framework for the legalization of intrastate internet gambling.
- H.R. 4154: Violence Against Women Act