May 2011: CASINO ROYALE Proposed Expansion
The Casino Royale is proposing that a second card club be allowed to open contiguous to their present establishment separated only by a restaurant. The City Ordinance is currently under review and potential amendments are being consider to allow for this venture of combining two licenses to make a mega card club. Co location issue set aside. 2013.
- April 4, 2014: Nicole Whitehouse; Johnnie Matranga; John Fierro; Cherlyn Ortiz v. Sacramento Casino Royale LLC; Pacific Gaming Services LLC
- Nicole Whitehouse; Johnnie Matranga; John Fierro; Cherlyn Ortiz v. Sacramento Casino Royale LLC; Pacific Gaming Services LLC; Does 4/4/2014 T2421 Public nuisance. Defendant Sacramento Casino Royale LLC runs an illegal gambling operation with the assistance of defendant Pacific Gaming Services LLC. Defendants allow "banked" card games, including blackjack, baccarat and pai gow poker, where defendants act as the bank, paying all winners and collecting from all losers, instead of allowing the bank to rotate among the players. Plaintiffs Nicole Whitehouse and Cherlyn Ortiz are members of the United Auburn Indian Community, a federally-recognized Indian tribe. Download
- October 6, 2011: Letter to Mayor Johnson and Council
- Legal Opinion on the need for a CEQA review of the proposed gaming ordinance.
- July 15, 2011 - Stand Up for California to City of Sacramento
- While the specific Cardroom regulation for review and amending on this agenda restricts a person’s association with more than one card room the additional areas of concern in Chapter 5.32 that are highlighted in the “Background” section of this report do not appear to be covered by a categorical exemption of CEQA.
- May 26, 2011: Public Acts Request to CGCC
- Requesting the history of Duffy's Card Room and Casino Royale
- May 24, 2011: Public Acts Request to Sacramento Police Depart
- Requesting the history of service calls and incident reports at the Casino Royale since its opening in 2008.
- Feb. 1, 2011: City of Sacramento - Meeting Agenda
- Discussion of amending City card room ordinance
- Meeting 02-01-11: Report to Law and Legislation Committee
- (Item 5 Attachment)
- Feb. 1. 2011: Report on proposed ordinance amendments
- Fact Sheet on Amending Sacramento City Gambling Ordinance
- Sacramento City Card Room Ordinance
- 22 pages