Federal laws authorize and regulate, Tribal Gaming, Horse Racing and Internet Gaming as well as slot machines.
- Dec. 11, 2014: Memorandum - U.S. Dept. of Justice - Marijuana on Indian Lands
- Cole Memo August 2013 2014 US. DOJ Policy
- March 12, 2014: The Meaning of Under Federal Jurisdiction for Purposes of the Indian Reorganization Act
- DOI Solicitor Hilary Tompkins issued an M-opinion on the Carcieri Decision. An M-Opinion is a legal opinion issued by the Department's Solicitor's office that institutionalizes the Department's position on a particular issue.
- March 20, 2013: Solicitor Tompkins to Chairman Cromwell
- Carcieri Review
- Nov. 9, 2009: The President's Memorandum on new Indian Country policy
- Congressman Kevin McCarthy "R" Bakersfield
- Dear Colleague Letter urging support of a comprehensive reform of off reservation land acquisitions. Final letter includes a number of the California Congressional Delegation.
- Sept. 24, 2009: Colorado Rep's Speak out on Off Reservation Gaming
- Sept. 15, 2009: Letter from Key California and Nevada Senators
- Senators Kly, Reid, Ensign, Feinstein and Boxer have all signed a letter regarding the need for greater oversight on the approval of off reservation casinos.
- Jan. 2009: Memorandum of Agreement-Solicitor & NIGC
- 1988: The Indian Gaming Regulatory Act
- Please see related items for the Legislative History of this federal statute.
- Senate Report - IGRA Accompany S. 555
- Senate Report Accompanying S. 555 the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act. August 3, 1988. No-100-446 by the Committee on Indian Affairs
- May 20, 2005: US DOI to Governor Kulongoski, Oregon (Warms Springs Letter)
- This provision of IGRA requires a Secretarial determination, following consultation with appropriate State and local officials, including officials of nearby tribes, that a gaming establishment on the newly-acquired trust lands is in the best interest of the Tribes and their members, and not detrimental to the surrounding community. After this determination is made, the Governor of the State must decide whether he will concur in the Secretary's determination, Therefore, approval of the Compact before the Cascade Locks Land is taken into trust would violate Section 2710(d)(8)(A) of IGRA, and thus, the Compact must be disapproved. We are aware that the Department has previously approved compacts for the
- The Johnson Act
- The regulation of gaming devices.
- Unlawful Internet Gambling and Enforcement Act
- Bans internet gaming and makes illegal the transfer of money for illegal gaming operations. Read Title 8 section 801-803.
- Jan. 2009: Federal Regulations Internet Gambling
- U.S. Senate to U.S. Treasury-Internet Gaming
- "The extensive public comments received on this issue highlight the likelihood that riskaverse financial institutions will simply choose to block every transaction that may be interpreted or could resemble gambling, whether legal or not."